TIBCO Enterprise Runtime for R (TERR) is an enterprise level statistical engine built upon the extremely powerful open source R language. It provides a best of both worlds compromise between the Enterprise needs process validation and documentation versus the flexibility and affordability of open source.
“TERR brings enterprise-class scalability and stability to the agile R-language, and enables statisticians to broadly share their analyses through TIBCO Spotfire Statistics Services or by directly embedding the engine.” – TIBCO Spotfire®
Out of the box, Spotfire Analyst contains TERR. The only requirement is to be connected to data to analyze and have the appropriate permissions.
Benefits of Using TERR
- Allows for application of consistent models across multiple applications
- Allows to easily compare a multitude of analytic approaches to discover insights
- No need to use time or resources to re-implement R code for production
- Has a rapid cycle from prototype to production to deliver quicker time to insight/market
- Has a more robust memory management, with higher performance that is more linear for larger data analysis
- Allows for seamless deployment of R code
- Developers can easily represent an R model in TERR, instead of using a model markup language or SQL
- Allows for embedding and redistribution
- Has broad coverage of R functionality and CRAN packages
- How To Use R-Scripts In TIBCO Spotfire TERR pt.1
- How To Use R-Scripts in TIBCO Spotfire TERR pt.2
- Using TERR in RStudio
- Passing Data From TERR Into R In Spotfire
Want to learn even more about TIBCO Enterprise Runtime for R? Download our latest Ebook below!
See what some of our readers have to say about the TERR eBook:
Dear Daniel Smith,
Thank you so very much. I just wanted to let you know you wrote awesome tutorials and eBooks about TERR. Thanks for writing in an understandable language fully free of the often typical mathematic/scripting untinteligeble mumbo. If you knew just how much your tutorials helped me out, you would have to charge me.
I wish you lots of success.
In hope of future great tutorials,